Laura Markowitz is a journalist, editor and multimedia producer in Tucson, Arizona, and winner of a National Magazine Award for writing. She likes to write late at night, when the coyotes get rowdy, while keeping an eye on the sky for returning gods. She’s never been to The Place Where Men Become Gods, but she plans to on December 21, 2015 – just in case.
Random facts about Laura:
- Her dog, Lucy, can swim all the way across the pool — underwater.
- Since childhood, Laura has been photographing her feet in various oceans.
- Her favorite sport to play is frisbee.
- She doesn’t sing well, but she sings loudly!
- Her favorite obsession (besides reading and writing) is pottery. She makes teapots, and yet she’s more of a hot chocolate person.